On Sunday the 18th September, the College community at Radley completed a modern version of 'The Twelve Labours of Hercules'. The once-every-five-years charitable endeavour, involving all boys and dons, raised £73,000 for three charities chosen by the boys themselves.
The charities included one local (SSNAP – Support for the Sick Newborn and their Parents), one national (Cancer Research UK) and one international (Wateraid). We chose these charities, as a College, from a list of over 50 possible options. Please follow the link below to watch a video of this College-wide event:
'12 Labours of Radley': Video
We are also delighted to report the following results:
- Hill Climb – 18,647 laps, 55,941m climbed, 42 ascents of Ben Nevis
- Water Chain – 776 jugs filled, 3,104 litres moved 20m, 19 bath-fulls, or the average consumption of someone in the ‘Developing World’ for 155 days.
- Stair Climb – 13,346 loops of K-Social, 56,053m ascended, Everest Base Camp to Everest Peak (and back) 16 times
- Press Ups – 46,620, massive pecs/pectorals
- Sit ups - 84,620, enough for a few 6-packs
- Squat thrusts - 50,205, enough to wear out the soles of at least one pair of shoes
- Marathon – 8,029 laps, 3212km, 76 ‘normal’ marathons, or Radley to Athens
- Inflatable + wade/swim – 1,925 laps, 48km, Dover to Calais, and half-way back again
- Ergo – 1952km, Portsmouth to Tangiers
- Piggy backs – 3,494 loops, 349km, Radley to Durham
- Mountain biking – 2,468 laps, 1,974km, Radley to Naples
Through Virgin Money Giving, you can still sponsor us and donations will be quickly processed and passed to charities. Please find below links to the different Social fundraising pots. Thank you, in advance, for your support.
Social Fundraising Pots
Virgin Money Giving is a not for profit organisation and will claim gift aid on a charity's behalf where the donor is eligible for this. We really appreciate all your support and thank you for any donations.