We welcome Sixth Form applicants. The entry process is competitive and we are looking for candidates who are ambitious in their aims for University and beyond.
For details about our Sixth Form syllabus please click here.
Please follow the link below for an application form for 2018 Sixth Form Entry.
2018 Sixth Form Entry Application Form
2018 Sixth Form Music Application Form
Sixth Form Entry:
Candidates and their parents are encouraged to visit Radley prior to the assessment day to meet the Warden for an informal discussion and to have a tour of the school. Please contact the Registrar to arrange a visit. Those who are unable to visit will be invited for a tour of the school the day before the assessment day.
The application process is explained below but in a small number of cases, later entry is possible and you are asked to contact the Registrar if you have missed the deadlines given below.
- Contact the Admissions Office to register your interest and ask for an application form.
- By 1st November, the year before entry, please complete and return the application form to the Registrar, and ask your son's current school to send us an up-to-date report. If the school would prefer to hear directly from us, please let us know and we can request the report.
- In November in the year of entry, the Warden will consider all applicants and we will draw up a shortlist of those whom we wish to invite to the assessment.
- The Assessment:
- Boys at schools in the United Kingdom: Candidates who have been shortlisted are asked to attend our Sixth Form Assessment Day which is held at Radley College on 16th November 2017. The assessment will consist of two academic tests in subjects that the candidate wishes to take at A level (90 minutes each). Our Sixth Form exams are aimed at GCSE level. Questions in History, Economics, Politics and Geography, in particular, are generic in order that candidates who have not studied the GCSE are on a level playing field with UK candidates. Each candidate will also be interviewed by two dons, including a Senior Master. Questioning is designed to provoke a stimulating discussion where the candidate demonstrates a sense of curiosity and engagement with learning in its wider context, as well as some specialist knowledge where appropriate. Musicians will be invited for an audition during the assessment day and those who wish to study Art at A level should bring their portfolio.
- Boys at overseas schools: Ideally, in the best interests of boys and parents, we would like overseas candidates to come for our Sixth Form Assessment Day alongside the boys who are schooled in the UK. Where this is not possible, shortlisted candidates will be asked to sit two tests in the subjects they propose to take at A level which can be taken at their current school or at another appropriate test centre. The test can be taken at any time from 1st September to 16th November in the year prior to entry, but it is vital that all shortlisted candidates come for a visit to Radley for an interview with the Warden at some point prior to 20th November in the year prior to entry.
- Mainland China: All applicants from Mainland China are asked to contact BE Education to help with the entry process.
Shanghain Ellen Xu - email@example.com or Beijing William He - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Later applications for entry are accepted in exceptional cases and candidates are asked to contact the Admissions Office.