If you would like to express your support and affection for the College by means of a legacy, you may find the checklist below helpful.
- Decide which of our funds you would like to support.
- Decide what sort of legacy you intend to leave (see below).
- Contact the Foundation Office at Radley if you have any queries about the process or would like to discuss leaving a legacy for a special purpose.
- Contact your solicitor.
- If you have already made your Will and now want to make an alteration to it, contact your solicitor about a codicil or letter of intent.
- To help us in our planning, please complete the Legacy Pledge Form and send it to us.
- You will be entitled to join the Vyvyan Hope Society if you wish. This will enable us to thank you during your lifetime for the legacy you are planning to make.
It is very important for everyone to make a Will to ensure that their wishes for their Estate can be carried out as they intend. A solicitor is the best person to advise on this and will be able to help you decide which of the following would be right for you.
It is, of course, also possible to combine one or more of the above.
You should consult your legal adviser or accountant before making a new Will or making any changes to your existing one but, in general, gifts made to Radley, during your lifetime or on your death, are exempt from Inheritance Tax. Bequests made to charities, including The Radley Foundation, can be deducted from the net value of your Estate, thus reducing your Inheritance Tax liability.
The Inheritance Tax threshold is usually reviewed in the Budget each year and information on the current level is always available from the Government Website.