What follows is a list of all the Other Activities with which Radleians can get involved when not in the classroom.
- Cocoa: Every evening the boys are invited to have a cup of cocoa and a bite to eat with the Tutor, Pastoral Housemistress or a sub-Tutor. This is always extremely well attended and is a vital part of life in a Social.
- On Saturdays Tutors invite year groups or the whole Social for supper (barbecues in the summer months).
- Also many sub-tutors (mainly resident but also non resident) invite year groups from Socials round to their houses for meals etc.
- Cultural Evenings, Music Evenings and Plays (to which parents are invited)
- Events organised with girls' schools such as dances (sometimes organised by Socials and sometimes organised on a school basis)
- Social trips: Particularly theatre and cinema trips at the ends of terms
- Inter-Social Sports Competitions: For different age groups in all the major sports
- Inter-Social Music Competitions: Inter-Social Part Song, Inter-Social Ensemble
- Inter-Social Drama Competition: Haddon Cub
- Inter-Social General Knowledge Competition: Spens Trophy
- Leadership training for prefects
With Form Masters
In addition to meeting on Friday lunchtimes, many form masters meet with their forms less formally in the evening
Form outings - cinema / theatre / restaurants as well as meals at home.
- In 6.2 the boys have a weekly lecture given by a distinguished visiting speaker
- Each year we organise a sixth form conference with St Helen's School on a topical issue
- There are a number of very active department based societies which arrange internal and external speakers for boys to listen to: Classical, Creative Writing, Economics, Faradian (Electronics), History, History of Art, Literary, Mathematics, Perplexed (Science), Philosophy, Politics
- Each year group from the Removes upward has its own Academic Societies (Hudson Society, Fifth Form Society, Crowson Society, Upper Sixth)
- Numerous department/school trips in the UK and abroad
- Individual Music lessons
- Groups and Ensembles: Chapel Choir, Choral Society, Big Band, Radley Clerkes, Full Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra, Soul Band, Funk Band, Jazz Ensemble, various Rock Groups, Electric Guitar Orchestra. Many smaller ensembles
- Variety of concerts at different scales - from Choral Society down to small lunchtime coffee concerts
- Competitions: Guitar Prize, Battle of the Bands, Gunn Cup for Woodwind and Brass, Wharton Piano Prize, Hudson String Prize, Ferguson Singing Competition, Organ Prize, Bagpipe Competition, Visits to concerts and opera performances
- Special Events (Piano Extravaganza, Warden's Music etc.)
- Whole school play / musical
- Various other plays including year group productions and coursework pieces
- The theatre is also used to host a number of outside productions which the boys may see.
- Backstage work in lighting, sound and set building
- Association Football
- Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Cross Country
- Lawn Tennis
- Real Tennis
- Rugby Football
- Rugby Sevens
- See Community Partnerships for details
- All fifth formers do some form of Community Service every Wednesday afternoon (see above)
- Sixth formers have the opportunity to help run holiday clubs in Romania and build houses in India
- Blood Donation
The Radley College Countryside Centre provides the opportunity for other schools to visit a small working farm and learn about the countryside.
Chapel and Religious
Evensong (Mo,Tu, Th, Fr)
Social Prayers (topical talk given by dons or boys in Socials) (W)
Additional optional Eucharists and Complines
Boys have the opportunity to help as Sacristans
Roman Catholic Mass a few times a term