Every year, staff from prep schools around the region come to Radley for specialist training days. These are free to attend.
Each of the training days concentrates on a specific academic subject, covering aspects of Common Entrance and Radley's scholarship requirements. Other areas discussed include developments in IT, new ideas in teaching a subject, literacy, numeracy, learning support strategies and department management.
These events also provide an ideal opportunity for prep school heads of department and subject teachers to meet up, and share ideas and good practice.
We write to prep schools each year giving full details of the training days, which are usually held at the following times:
- Early October - English, Geography and Science
- Mid-January - History and Maths
- Mid-February - Design Technology and Modern Languages
- Music, Art and Classics
- Radley heads of department run the courses and work with prep school colleagues to produce an agenda for the day.
- Any prep school subject teacher is welcome to attend. Please contact the relevant Radley head of department before the course, to book a place.